Hello everyone ❤
I found this really fun tag over at the amazing Just Page By Page ❤ But the tag was originally made by Chapter Chicks. The tag is called (as you probably guessed by the title of this post) The Ultimate Book Tag. Basically there are these 25 bookish questions that you have to answer and I think it will be very fun, so here we go!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No I don’t most of the time. But I usually don’t get that much reading done because I end up staring out the window or falling asleep 😀
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Rick Riordan! I love how his writing is always funny but you also learn a lot from his books. The fact that even though his books is for children as well teenagers and adults still love them. That definitely has to do with the story yes, but no one wants to read a good story that is badly written..
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter series no doubt. Now I actually have not read The Twilight Saga but I know what it is about and I have watched the movies.. I really want to actually read the series soon I just don’t have the time right now (as you can see on my June tbr) ❤ I will still make the three points though..
- I like magic over vampires. The whole Harry Potter universe is just more me than teenage vampires..
- Harry Potter is strong most of the time. He is “his own person” where I just feel like when Edward left Bella she totally overreacted! I mean yes a breakup hurts but you don’t need to throw yourself of a cliff because of it..
- Lastly I must add that I am a GIGANTIC potterhead. The Harry Potter stories came to me in a very dark time in my life and they brightened up my world! Nothing will ever be able to beat that.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I always have a book with me. I don’t have a special book bag but I usually choose a bigger bag (When going out) so my book will fit. Besides that I always bring my phone, creditcard, gum, sunglasses (in the summer), my travel card and my keys. Nothing big, only what I need..
5. Do you smell your books?
*Sniff* *sniff*… What? I was just enjoying the wonderful aroma from my beautiful books.. So yes of course I smell my books! I mean why wouldn’t I? They smell amazing!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I love books with small illustrations, but the books I usually find the best don’t have any illustrations in them. I would love if more YA books had small illustrations, but it doesn’t matter that much to me ❤
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
One word: Divergent… I know that a lot of people love this series, and I did love the first book, but when I started reading Insurgent I just found that the language really bothered me and the story just was not very exiting.. So I stopped reading it. I plan to buy and finish this series sometime, but not in the near future. 🙂
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
When I was a toddler and a young child I loved the danish books called “Kaj bøgerne” or “The Kaj Books” as they would be called in english. I loved them so much that I learned them word for word and would pretend to be reading it out loud when I was quoting it from memory.. ❤
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The thinnest book on my shelf if “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” with only 221 pages.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
On the other end my thickest book is “City of Heavenly Fire” with 733 pages.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I would love to write a book. I have started writing several stories, but I never have the time to continue working on them. So all of them lasts no more than a chapter or two. I don’t see myself as a full on writer in the future, but I know that one day I absolutely will write a book.
12. When did you get into reading?
I have always enjoyed reading. I have read books as long as I can remember.. In the past few years I have read more and more. In the past year I have read quite a bit, but I only started getting really super obsessed with reading when I started bookstagramming which was in January 2016 ❤
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alice in Wonderland! I hope that counts as a classic. I have not really read any classics yet but I am working on it and I am going to read one classic book each month.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
English actually is my best subject but I go to a Danish school (Because I am Danish). Still English comes to me as natural as Danish. I am also very good at math and drawing 😉
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
If I didn’t already own the book, I would keep it on my shelf but if I did own it I would kindly say to the person that I already had that book and return it in the store for another book.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I am currently reading The Name of the Wind and it really reminds me of Harry Potter. Not that the story is anything like the Harry Potter books. The Red Queen books reminded me SO MUCH of the Hunger Games when I was reading them!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t booktube anymore but when I did I had the habit of saying “eehhmm” all the time or as it is spelled in Danish “øm”It get really annoying when you have to ididd it out 😀
18. What is your favorite word?
I have a lot of favorite words but I must say that I LOVE the word brilliant! It just has such a great feel to it and the meaning is also just brilliant 😉
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I guess I am a bit of a booknerd.. But I also do lots of sports and I have many different hobbies.. So it is not that bad ❤
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Faries!! I love the fay! The way they have magic and a more “old school court”. I am very fascinated with the whole way of the fay and their magic. Not that whole vampire bloodsucking teenage thing.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifter because angels seem too “distant and holy” at least those in The Mortal Instruments are. Therefore shapeshifters like in Throne of Glass.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves.. I am not a fan off either but spirits kind of scare me so I would have to choose Werewolves
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires because I am afraid of zombies… And vampires are usually pretty hot compared to zombies 😉
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Love triangle.. I hate forbidden love! Love should never be forbidden! (As long as it is mutual)
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Both! I love a good steamy romance but action packed books are great! So I enjoy both equally!
I hoped this was somewhat entertaining 😉 I am on sports vacation right now and it is super fun ❤ Have a super brilliant weekend!