Hey you ❤
I have been wanting to do this tag for a while, so here we go. I hope non of you will get offended by my unpopular opinions.. They are unpopular for a reason so please note that it is only my opinions. ❤
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Ok so I have quite a few for this one..
- The Divergent Series – I actually really liked the first book but when I started reading Insurgent I was just super annoyed by the language.. I am planning on giving this series a second shot though.
- Fangirl – So many of my friends and booktubers I trust loved this book, but I just did not. I could not relate to the characters or the plot. It just was not me.
- Looking for Alaska and Papertowns – I adored TFIOS so I was looking very much forward to reading some more by John Green, but when I then read these two books I was greatly disappointed. It was so un-relateable and I just did not like the characters or the plot very much. They were boring and dull to see and I really don’t think that I will read any more John Green books.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I feel like The Selection series is getting so much hate. I adored this series (minus The Crown) and I loved the plot. I see why some people find America frustrating but I thought that she was great.
WARNING: THE CROWN SPOILER
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
I DO NOT LIKE THAT EADLYN ENDED UP WITH ERIK!!!! I shipped her and Kyle though the whole book so I was not pleased with the ending!!
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Even though the Harry Potter series is like my favorite series ever I hardly ever read full on fantasy anymore. I then to stay with contemporary, sci-fy or dystopian. I do read fantasy that you know is happening today (like HP) but I tend not to read otherworldly fantasy with dragons and captured princesses (if you know what I mean)
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
It took me a long time to actually like Jason in HOO. He just seemed a bit to distant and perfect in the beginning. But now he’s like.. cool 😉 Also I did not like Alec from TMI for some time.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
As I have already said: no more John Green for me. Also I don’t know when I will start reading some Rainbow Rowell again.. Just need to get over my fangirl disappointment.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Is it wrong for me to ay plot twists? Yes ok. Then I will go with love triangles because I just hate when some spoiled girl cannot decide “which of the two boys at her feet that she want” . Also I have a distaste for weak female characters. Females should be portrait as strong and independent! They don’t need a man to take care of them! They should only need themselves!
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
I do not see myself reading The Maze Runner anytime soon. I hated the movie and I have not heard anything good about the books. I know I should not judge a book by it’s movie, and I havn’t but I just have like a million other books I wan’t to read first.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefere than the book?
Percy Jackson! No just kidding.. That was not funny.. Sorry.. ❤ I really liked the first few seasons of The Vampire Diaries but I have not heard anything particularly good about the books. So I will not read them. Also I don’t know if they are better but I am going to read and watch A Game of Thrones, so I am exited too see what is best!
Those were my unpopular opinions. Did you agree or disagree? Do tell me in the comments ❤
Have a fantastic day you all!
– Anne Sofie