Guess what?! It is my birthday today!! You heard me! Today the 7th of August I turn 17!
You know what this means? I am now a dancing queen, only seventeen who can get her drivers license (I am starting that soon).
Anyway, I had the idea to do a birthday book tag, but as I looked around on the internet I did not find any super cool birthday booktags. So I though Anne Sofie honey, you can create an ORIGINAL TAG! So I did! Here goes 😉
1. Count the date number of your birthday on your shelves staring at the top left corner.
As I am born on the seventh of August I counted to seven and landed on GENERATION ONE by Pittacus Lore. It is a brand new book in the Lorien Legacies series and I am just thrilled to read it!
2. Create a favorite book/series list with as many books as your birth month’s number.
August is month no. 8 so here are my 8 favorite book/series:
- Shadowhunter Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
- Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Ravnenes Hvisken series by Malene Sølvsten
- Percy Jackson series (and any other book) by Rick Riordan
- A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
- The Spinster Series by Holly Bourne
- I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
Note! This is not necessarily the order in which I like the books best.
3. A character from a book you share your birthday (or birth month) with.
OK so I could not find any character whose birthday was August 7.. BUT Percy Jackson’s birthday is August 18th so I think that is close enough!
4. Birthdays is the time for presents! What are the top three books on your wishlist?
There are SO many great books coming up and these three are definitely on my top three!
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
- Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo
- Camp Half-Blood Confidential by Rick Riordan
5. Find a book that you think fits with your zodiac sign.
I personally think the Throne of Glass series fits perfectly with Leo that is my zodiac sign. Aelin is like just Leo: gorgeous, deadly and royal! Which is of course what I think of my self too… just kidding… kind of..
6. What is a book you have got as a birthday gift?
OOOHH I know!! I just got a copy of Always and Forever Laura Jean by Jenny Han from my sister! Books are honestly like THE BEST birthday gifts! Not only do you get a gift but it is an entire adventure on paper they just gave to you!
7. If you could celebrate your birthday in any bookish universe, where would you go?
Who would not want to go on a birthday trip to Velaris in the Night Court? Start the day with some sightseeing on the Rainbow and in the city and then ending the day enjoying the beautiful sky from one of the many wonderful cafes? I would!
8. Count your age on your bookshelf starting at the bottom right.
As I am now 17, I landed on Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo ❤
9. A book from your birth year.
I was born in the year 2000. There are quite a few great books published that year! A few that I own myself is The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff, A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling.
10. What book character would you like to spend your birthday with?
There are so many awesome characters I would like to meet, but spending my birthday with Magnus Bane would be absolutely FABULOUS! Just having a grand party and dancing the night away!
11. What is a book that has a memorable birthday scene.
HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER’S STONE OBVIOUSLY! Happee Birthdae Harry! No birthday scene is more epic!
12. Find a book that matches your birthstone.
As I am born in August my birth stone is Peridot, which is very green. SO! For this one I think Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas is pretty perfect! It ranges all the way from a pale lime color to dark green – like peridot when you turn it in the light.
13. Spell out your zodiac sign using the first letter of book titles.
To spell LEO I used
L ove & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
E verything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
O pposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
14. What book is set in the time and place you would have liked to be born.
I am actually fine with the time and place I was born.. that being said.. It could be fun being born in the 1860’ies London from the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare 😉
15. Bookish resolutions you want to fulfill before your next birthday.
Ok so first i want to read more.. I also want to keep up the blogging and writing loads of reviews. Next I wish to have read all the A Song of Ice and Fire books as well as reading more books from my bookshelf in stead of just buying new books. That being said I hope to expand my book collection quite a bit the next year 😉
Hope you liked this tag as much as I did putting it together! Do consider yourself tagged to do this tag around YOUR BIRTHDAY!
Lost of love and birthday cake
– Anne Sofie